You come across so many articles that tell what makeup to do for your face shape or what hairstyles to go for different face shapes. But they help only if you actually do know your real face shape. So, how do you actually determine your face shape?
Follow this easy guide:
- Measure across the top of your cheekbones.
- Place the measurement tape starting from below the outer corner of your eyes taking it till the other outer corner of your eyes. Make sure the tape is resting on the bridge of your nose and not just standing straight on it. Note down the measurement.
- Measure your jaw line.
- Measure your jaw line. Note the measurement and multiply it by two.
- Measure your forehead.
- Put the measurement tape across your forehead at the widest region, usually at the middle of the eyebrows. Note the measurement.
- Measure the length.
- Put the measurement tape at the middle of your forehead and running it down till the tip of your chin. Note the measurement.
Now, use the following guideline for determining your face shape:
Oval Face – The length is equal to one and a half times width.
Round Face – Your face is as wide as it is long, give or take a small amount.
Oblong Face – Your face is longer than it is wide.
Heart Shaped Face – Your face is narrow at jaw line, wide at cheekbones and/or forehead.
Square Face – Your face is about as wide as it is long, give or take a small amount, but your jawline is sharper than that of a round face.
Diamond Face – Your face is widest at the cheekbones, with narrow forehead and jaw line of approximately equal widths.
So, what is your face shape?
P.S.: I have no idea for who invented this brilliant idea. But hats off to that person. I labelled this face for a little help.