Finally, the torture is over!! Yes, my exams are over! It’s not like I was studying much but pretending to study every now and then is a big task, I tell you. I always knew acting was not my thing (Somehow, I always remember Joey when saying this! Lol!) I wanted to do a simple yet glamorous eye makeup and lips tutorial and so, here I’m with the tutorial of mine. I was actually looking somewhat like a bride when I was over with this and complete face makeup of mine. It’s really pretty! 😛
Also, the best part about this glam tutorial is that it should work across all skin tones. Let’s get started!
1. Tightline (applying kohl on your upper water line) your eyes and apply primer (in case you don’t have, apply foundation) on your upper lids.
2. Apply this eyeshadow on your eyelid space and moving a little towards the outer corners. I use my index finger.
3. Now, with your same finger start blending the eyeshadow. Just move your finger over your eyelids left to right. Like, you know how the wiper of the car moves, left and right. Blending is done to remove any harsh edges. I wiped this finger then using a wet cotton, after doing my both eyes.
4. After that, I applied nude kajal on my waterline and drew winged eyeliner. You can also draw simple line. You can also use any other coloured eyeliner, but then make sure you use a light lipstick. You don’t want to go over the top.
5. I then applied concealer under my eyes to cover my dark circles.
6. I filled in my brows and applied mascara. Tada! Done! I finished off with my favourite berry lipstick and after doing my foundation on face, I applied blush and contoured a bit.
List of Products Used (Click on the product’s name to see their review and swatches):
Eyeshadow – Maybelline Color Tattoo “Bad to the bronze”
UPDATE:Since this eye shadow is not easily available now-a-days, a good pick is Makeup revolution big love palette.
Nude Kajal – Revlon Photoready Kajal “Emerald Empire”
Kohl to Tightline – Colorbar I-Glide “Blackout”
Eyeliner– Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Eyeliner
Lipstick– Korres Liquid Lipstick “28” If you lean more towards pink and need a long-lasting lip option, try Colorbar velvet matte lipstick ‘Thrilling Pink‘.
Brows: NYX eyebrow powder
Hope you found the tutorial easy. Apart from New Year, you can wear it for any festival coming ahead, like “Lohri”.