Music Flower long wear gel eyeliners
We all have some items in our wish list which we don’t buy for different reasons like:
– Waiting for a sale to happen
– Waiting for our size to come back (I knew I shouldn’t have told her about this top before buying it myself! Damn!)
– Waiting for the other color to come back in stock (Because let me be honest. It’s not often that I come across a basic sweatshirt which fits me like a glove and therefore, I’m going to buy all 3 colors available in it! Yes!)
– Waiting for our brains to finally make a call on it
These Music Flower long wear gel eyeliners belong to the last category for me. For a long time, I kept wondering whether or not they will be good quality-wise and most importantly, if they would cause any reaction because they are so cheap! But then I realized I was being a snob and placed an order for them.
Here’s a detailed product description by the brand which will make your day:
Powerful waterproof, anti-sweat and anti-oil formulation with 24 hour lasting effects. Soft texture, bright color. Contains moisturizing ingredients with repair factors.
I can hear suppressed giggles.
My experience with Music Flower long wear gel eyeliners:
Music Flower long wear gel eyeliners come in a pack of 2. They are encased inside a cardboard packaging which carry necessary details like product description, expiry date, ingredients list and a sticker which carries the price of the product- Rs.599. Yeah, I’m not buying that!
The actual gel eyeliners come in a clear pot with the brand name mentioned on the cap. Each pack has 2 brushes- one a slanted, which makes drawing lines difficult and another a skinny precision brush, using which you can make both thin and thick lines. You can use the slanted one for drawing a wing though. Both of them feel soft.
Read more: Basic makeup kit for beginners in India
I have used all these gel eyeliners around 6-7 times with their respective brushes and ‘m happy to report that the bristles are intact even after all the washing.
The texture of all the gel eyeliners in general is soft and creamy but a bit oily too. The oiliness is gone once they set and dry completely- 7 to 8 minutes to be precise. They glide onto the lids with zero tug, making themselves ideal for the delicate eye area. They are long-wearing too and never did I found any variant transferring on my super oily eyelids or smudging badly from my watery eye corners. They stay in place for over 7-8 hours with minimal fading. They won’t come off even if you accidently rubbed your eyes a bit. They are water-resistant to a good extent although not waterproof.
You can also read my post on the eyeliner hack I use for my super oily eyelids.
Music Flower long wear gel eyeliner ‘Black’
Music Flower long wear gel eyeliner ‘Green’
Music flower gel eyeliner ‘Blue’
Also, there’s no uneasiness or heavy feel on the lids with them. I definitely thought there will be, owing to their affordable price but there isn’t.
The black one isn’t jet black but super dark. It is completely matte and doesn’t flake or crack throughout its wear time. It wore for over 10 hours for me with minimal fading from my eye corners. The blue and green one contain tiny shimmers.
Andddddd… None of them have dried up even after a month and a half. Wow *_*
Moving on to some minor glitches:
– You will see in the swatches that the green variant comes out a bit uneven. To correct that, what I do is wait for the first layer to dry and then, go over for the second layer. I like to wait otherwise the first layer gets picked up in the process, creating an uneven finish.
– The green variant leaves a very light stain behind. So, an extra swipe of makeup remover is needed to make it go away.
– I did notice a difference in the staying power when I tested them without powdering my eyelids. Although to be honest, it’s a story with every other eyeliner with my super oily eyelids. I suggest you to do the same- Apply powder on your eyelids and then, apply these.
That said, the green one is the only variant I’m still using after testing all of them. I find ‘full on black’ too harsh for my taste now and the blue one isn’t interesting enough for me right now.
Read more: Why I love colored eyeliners
If you are wondering whether they’re safe to be used on waterline, I don’t know. It’s too risky to use them on waterline. I still remember the reaction I got when I was in school from stealing my mom’s LIQUID eyeliner and applying it on my waterline. Ah! Memories..
Music Flower long wear gel eyeliners will always remind you of some good music playing in the background with you happily dancing somewhere with your favourite flower tucked at the back of your ear.
Because they’re cheap only price-wise and not quality-wise. All variants have a good pigmentation, last well on my super oily eyelids and feel comfortable throughout the day.
Price: Rs.599 (Ha ha haaa…) But always on a discounted price of Rs.249 or lesser HERE
I got all 4 eyeliners with 4 brushes for a price of Rs.500!
Quantity: 3gm each
VCB rating: 4.9/5
Have you tried Music Flower long wear gel eyeliners? Do you plan to now?